About INVEGA TRINZA®
Watch a video to learn how INVEGA TRINZA® is gradually released in the body for a continuous amount of medication in your system.
In a long-term study, 93% of patients treated with INVEGA TRINZA® did not experience a significant return of schizophrenia symptoms vs those not treated.
- Take INVEGA TRINZA® exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to. Your healthcare provider will tell you how much INVEGA TRINZA® you will receive and when you will receive it. INVEGA TRINZA® is a prescription medicine given by injection by a healthcare professional and used to treat schizophrenia after being adequately treated with INVEGA SUSTENNA®, a once-monthly version of the same medication for at least four months.
- Do not receive INVEGA TRINZA® if you are allergic to paliperidone palmitate, risperidone, or any of the ingredients in INVEGA TRINZA®. You can find a full list of the ingredients in the Patient Information Pamphlet in the Important Safety Information for INVEGA TRINZA®.
- The most common side effects of INVEGA TRINZA® include injection site reactions, weight gain, headache, upper respiratory tract infections, feeling restlessness or difficulty sitting still, slow movements, tremors, stiffness and shuffling walk. Tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effect that bothers you or does not go away.
You can find a list of ingredients in the Patient Information Pamphlet in the Important Safety Information for INVEGA TRINZA®
INVEGA TRINZA® is the only schizophrenia treatment to help control symptoms for 3 months with one dose. Your doctor will start you on INVEGA SUSTENNA®, the once-monthly version of the active medication contained in INVEGA TRINZA®. After being adequately treated for at least four months, you and your doctor can discuss a transition to INVEGA TRINZA®.
- Month 1
1. Starting Doses
Your doctor may give you a test dose of an oral version of INVEGA SUSTENNA® to determine if you can tolerate the ingredients in INVEGA SUSTENNA®. Then you will receive your first starting dose of INVEGA SUSTENNA®, followed by a second starting dose one week later. Starting doses are not necessary if you are currently taking INVEGA SUSTENNA®.
- Month 2
- Month 3
- Month 4
You will get injections of INVEGA SUSTENNA® for a minimum of four months in a row (including starting doses) until your doctor determines the right dose for you.
The most common side effects of INVEGA SUSTENNA® include injection site reactions; sleepiness or drowsiness; dizziness; feeling of inner restlessness or needing to be constantly moving; abnormal muscle movements, including tremor (shaking), shuffling, uncontrolled involuntary movements, and abnormal movements of your eyes.
The most common side effects of INVEGA TRINZA® include injection site reactions, weight gain, headache, upper respiratory tract infections, feeling restlessness or difficulty sitting still, slow movements, tremors, stiffness and shuffling walk. Tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effect that bothers you or does not go away.
HELP WITH COST
At Janssen, we don’t want cost to get in the way of treatment you need.
We can help you explore options to lower your out-of-pocket medication cost for INVEGA TRINZA®.
Scroll for more information.
Government insurance or no insurance
If you are on Medicare Part D and eligible for Low-Income Subsidy (LIS), you should pay no more than $8.25.
The information provided is not a guarantee of coverage (partial or full). Actual benefits are determined by each plan according to its policies and procedures. It is strongly recommended that you review your plan’s list of covered drugs (formulary) and call your plan if needed to ensure you understand your coverage. All information is subject to change.
For more information about other financial assistance if you have government insurance or no insurance, visit JanssenPrescriptionAssistance.com.
Prescription savings with commercial or private insurance
If you have insurance, there are other financial assistance programs for those who qualify.
You may be eligible for the Instant Savings Program, which is an insurance co-pay support program that helps reduce the out-of-pocket cost of INVEGA SUSTENNA® and/or INVEGA TRINZA® prescriptions. Private or commercially insured patients who qualify will:
- Pay no more than $10 on each out-of-pocket drug expense for INVEGA SUSTENNA® or INVEGA TRINZA® at either the pharmacy or for medication purchased at the physician's office.
- Program exhausts after 13 doses of INVEGA SUSTENNA®, 4 doses of INVEGA TRINZA®, or $8000, whichever comes first.
This program is only available to individuals using private or commercial health insurance to cover a portion of medication costs. This program is not available to individuals who use any state or federal government subsidized healthcare program to cover a portion of medication costs, such as Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE, Department of Defense, or Veterans Administration. Patients confirm that they will not seek reimbursement from any of these programs or from pharmaceutical patient assistance foundations and accounts such as a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Healthcare Savings Account (HSA) or Health Reimbursement Account (HRA).
This offer may not be combined with any other coupon, discount, prescription savings card, free trial, or other offer.
The selling, purchasing, trading, or counterfeiting of this card is prohibited. Offer good only in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. For Massachusetts residents only, this offer is subject to change per state legislation. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend this offer without notice at any time. Void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted by law.
Program expires December 31, 2018.
As a condition of participating in this program, you must ensure that you comply with any co-payment disclosure requirements of your insurance carrier or third-party payer, including disclosing to your insurer the amount of co-payment support you receive from this program.
Find out if you qualify for this insurance co-pay support program by calling 1-888-535-2850.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend this offer without notice at any time.